When deciding which university to go to for the next four years, it is so valuable to look at the educational college you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting lots of schools throughout the springtime of my senior year and trying shmoop.pro to imagine myself as a pupil on each campus. What would we eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? for me personally, it finally clicked when I found a campus that i possibly could truly see myself doing all of the things and more and remain myself. I encourage our admitted students to take benefit of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision what your USC experience might be like.
Even although the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until might 1, we already have pupils asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you determine to come to USC, here is an outline of this steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for Financial Aid, if you haven’t already. Visit the Financial Aid section of our site for lots more information regarding how to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you do have a better chance to getting the kind of housing you want the earlier you apply. Also if you are not 100% sure you’re visiting USC next year, it is possible to submit the housing application and $45 fee to put on your spot in line.
- Sign up to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a chance that is great spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you certainly will additionally create courses with a scholastic advisor. You shall be in a position to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 company days after you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your last school that is high and AP/IB exam outcomes. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB Higher Level exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC funds for the various AP and IB exams.
When you yourself have questions that are not covered in your admission packet or on our web site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are pleased to help answer your questions and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but just what does which means that?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the country (15% in last 12 months’s freshman course!). We believe that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a positive learning environment by permitting for various viewpoints and viewpoints to be highlighted in the class room.
Certain courses themselves are even designed around providing pupils with the chance to connect to students from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called Global Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this program, USC pupils work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM, a top Mexican university, aswell as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing pc software.
USC additionally ranks sixth in the nation for sending pupils abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you do not wish to keep away from USC for too much time, we additionally offer many summer programs. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company are able to meet leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a 10-day program (past destinations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife students can improve their Spanish language abilities by investing a summer living with a host family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as for example Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students aided by the opportunity to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For the weeks that are few students will remain on-campus and investigate a problem that is global in scope. They then travel to your certain area they are researching, allowing them to round out their learning with hands-on breakthrough. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are on offer in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, just to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Lately, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already begun to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its international presence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern California, but we have been certainly a place that is global!